Thursday, October 3, 2013

Dream House: Wood Floor

Hi guys!  Today I want to share with you our wood floor pick story.  I posted awhile back how we were eyeing the private reserve collection but on the fence because of the price... we actually got it!  Every weekend we would usually go to OC to look for wood floors and would always end up being overwhelmed and tired.  The weekend we were nearing the closing date we were panicking because we wanted to find the floor before we close so we wouldn't waste time with ordering the floor and the installation days it would take.  We decided to look for a store that is close to where I was currently living.  We just searched at yelp and found Hernandez Wholesale Flooring, it was the closest store that has good reviews and have a lot of selection.  The moment we walked inside the store, the private reserve collection greeted us right away.  It was the first floor we saw.  We were surprised because not a lot of store carry that collection.  The price was 2 dollars per sq. ft cheaper too.  The reason why the floor was expensive because it was custom made...  it took us three weeks to get the floor.. they are 7 inches wide and can go up to 12 inches in length.  It was a hard decision considering the amount of money we have to pay.  But the end result... every time I walk on the floor my heart skip a beat.  I guess I'm just happy of how it looks.  

The company that installed our floor is Triple C Flooring Corp.  The owner Patrick is my friend Gay's family friend.  He is a very nice guy.  It was pleasant working with him from start to finish.  He gave us a very good price with the labor cost.  He only charges labor, the materials like the glue and wood we are responsible for.  It took them four days to install about 2300 sq foot flooring.  There were 4 people in their team and all of them are nice.  If you guys have any plans of having your floor done, Triple C Flooring Corp does a great job.  I highly recommend them.

Material Cost:
*Private Reserve 7 inch Piedmont Barnside Engineered Wood Floor $22,496.97
*Glue Bastik Vapor Lock 16 Bucket $2100
*Base Shoe $400

Labor Cost:
* $6,200 which includes renting the demo machine for the tile and the dumping of tile and carpet
































 Thanks for dropping by!





3 comments:

Ashoka Packer said...

Generally I do not post on blogs, but I would like to say that this post really forced me to do so! Really nice post. Your post is expressing what I actually wanted to know, thanks a lot!packers and movers hyderabad

bharat u said...

very nice pictures,excellent.Packers And Movers Hyderabad

jowdjbrown said...

It was a hard decision considering the amount of money we have to pay. But the end result... every time I walk on the floor my heart skip a beat. I guess I'm just happy of how it looks. sandpaper and sanding disks