Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Review: LV Sarah Wallet in Multicolore

Hi guys! It has been awhile! So sorry for the lack of posts. I am doing well.. =)  Been traveling and been busy with so many things and with a little bit of procrastinating... but anyways, thank you so much for  visiting my blog and to my two lovely sisters who keeps on bugging me for reviews and updates.. finally a post!  Hehehe! You know I love you two! ;)  And also I have a great news to share!  But will put it in a separate posts! 

Anyways, today I'll share with you another requested wallet review and it is the LV Sarah Wallet in Multicolore.

The Monogram Multicolore canvas was designed by Takashi Murakami  and was introduced in the Spring of 2003. It is consists of 33 silkscreened colors.  I love how vibrant the colors are.  Each purses or wallets differ on the predominance of color combination.  Some have fuchsia, white, green.. some have dark yellow, dark pink, and dark purple.  And with my Sarah wallet the predominant combination of colors are dark blue, chartreuse,  and light blue.



Detailed features:  (www.louisvuitton.com)
  • 7.5X4 inches
  • Monogram Multicolore canvas, grained leather lining, golden brass pieced
  • Press stud closure
  • Ten credit card slots (4 in front, 6 inside)
  • One large pocket for bills and receipts
  • Two large compartments for notes and papers
  • One zippered compartment for coins
  • Retails at 765 usd



Thoughts:

I've had this wallet for about - months and I am in love with it! I use it everyday except of course on days when I carry a smaller purse or my eva clutch.  I chose the monogram multicolore because whenever I look at my zippy coin purse in white multicolore it always cheers me up. I love the play of colors and it is such a delight every time I use it.   However since it is white it gets dirty really easy especially the fabric of the zipper.  It really bugged me so I opted for black for the Sarah wallet.  They have different colors to choose from for the lining but I love the combination of fuchsia pink with black.  I think the color term is grenade.  I love how the pink stands out giving it a nice pop of color.

Aside from the color, what I really love about this wallet is how the card slots are arranged.  There are 4 card slots in the front where you can put your most commonly used credit or debit cards.  Believe me this really makes a huge difference especially if you are in a rush to pay.  You don't have to rummage inside your wallet to look for your card.  The other six card slots are neatly concealed inside so you can put your rewards card or spare credit cards you don't use often.  There is a zippered pocket in between two large compartments for coins but I don't really put coins in my wallet.  I have a separate coin purse because I feel like my wallet holds up better and longer if I don't put coins in it. There is also a large compartment at the back.  Kindda like a "secret" compartment where you can put bills.

I think the Sarah wallet is a pretty good size for everyday use. The two large compartments can hold a pretty good amount of notes and receipts.  It is not as big as the Zippy wallet but for everyday use it is great.  I like it that it has a press stud closure because it is so much easier to access it.  So far I don't have issues with the silkscreen monogram chipping or peeling.  The glaze on the side is still intact which I know some people have issues with it as well.    Aside from light scratches on the golden brass bacause of normal wear, the wallet still looks new.  I find that LV wallet lasts long and ages pretty well.

So those are my thoughts about Sarah wallet.  I hope this review is helpful to you guys.   Zippy coin purse review coming up next! =)


4 comments:

jelita78 said...

ohhhhh soooo gorgeous!
i do have a sarah wallet in pomme vernis, and indeed it is a very well made.
but that multicolore prints is just spectacular!

Gem said...

wow this one I <3!!!

Monica said...

great post :) I really want one!!!

withloveshmon.com

Anonymous said...

I have one and think its beautiful but it is not a good product! Paint keeps coming off and I take care of it! Bought my first in September 2012, exchanged it for a new one in November 2013 and once again the paint is coming off. Seems others have had this problem. LV said there are something like 60 coats of paint on each monogram. Not impressed with this wallet, especially for the price I would expect it to last a LIFETIME!