Thursday, August 25, 2011

Review: Balenciaga City in Regular Hardware

Hi guys! Sorry it has been a while since my last post.  Been so busy with a lot of stuff but anyways, it's good to be back.  Today I'm going to share with my you favorite purse at the moment.  I've been using her everyday and I love her so much! She is so soft, supple, smooshy... I can just go on and on... but it is true with what they say about Balenciaga purses...  every leather is different each year, each season.  It's hard to buy online cause you have to touch it to know if it is the one... when your heart flutters and sing with each stroke.. don't let it go away.  Sorry for being such a corn ball.. I guess that's how it is... being in love... ;)  Anyways, here is my new love...

Balenciaga City in Regular Hardware

This purse belongs to the motorcycle line.  Motorcycle is a line of purse of Balenciaga that has a tassel hanging on the zipper with regular hardware or a thimble-like giant hardware with out the tassel.  This type of purse is also known for their soft, supple leather and the most sought after characteristic of this purse is the distressed, vintage look.  The older it gets, the more softer and beautiful it becomes.  It comes with different sizes.  (width x height x dimension) The City is the mid size.  15" x 9.4" x 5.5  It is so roomy and can hold your everyday essentials and more.  I love the relaxed, slouchy feel of the purse.  It feels buttery soft to the touch and the leather smells so intoxicating.  The shoulder strap is very comfortable that it doesn't dig on your shoulder.

I've been wanting to get this purse for such a long time.  I just couldn't get myself to buy it because as you all know most of my purses are a bit conservative.. or a little bit "boring".  I felt like I wouldn't be able to rock this purse since it is way out of my style.  I didn't want to get a purse that will just sit on my shelf.  I've researched so much that I decided to go out of my comfort zone and finally bought it.  That was one of the best decision I made purse wise.  It is the most versatile purse ever.  The leather is awesome.  I love it every time I use her because she is so light weight and I can fill her with so much stuff not worrying about shoulder pain.  It goes with either casual or dressy clothes.   I guess when you get older, your taste changes with age.  I love that the purse is plain with no label, very understated.. but you'll know right away that it is of best quality.

I love this purse so much that I can see myself using this purse for so many years to come. =)

8 comments:

jelita78 said...

oh no!
no!
no!
NO!

whyyyyy must u do this review??
aaarrrgghhhh!!
now u make me want a BAL !!

Anonymous said...

more posts please! :)

Juli Photo Diary said...

Love it!!!

www.juliphotodiary.com

Gaby de Modacapital said...

wow, great post! Love the video :)

Hazel said...

thank you guys! =)

SundayMornings said...

Hi Hazel,
Thank you so much for your video review of the Balenciaga City. (I found your blog via the link from that YouTube video). I've been contemplating buying my very first Balenciaga and can't seem to decide between the City or the Town. I wanted a bag that I can carry out during the weekend or to a casual dinner and so don't actually need it to be too roomy since I usually haul my large Longchamp Planetes around on a daily basis (it fits everything and since it's so hardy, I'm never worried about it getting dirty or wet). I went to Barney's twice and every time I would convince myself that the Town should be just fine and then by the time I get home, I'm thinking about the City again. Hahaha. One of these days I'll make up my mind.

Your video was really helpful. Thank you again for sharing your thoughts on the City. By the way, I was also wondering - do you ever find it frustrating that the handles are so short? I tried both the City and the Town in the store and could barely get the bag over my shoulder while wearing my winter coat. I see most women either use the cross-chest strap or hang it on their elbows but I've always preferred to be able to sling the bag over my shoulder....hmmm...Maybe I need to wear thinner coats. ^_^

Kittynail said...

Great review!

I've been debating which City bag to get. I kinda like the tassels, but I also wonder if they are too hippie/teen style or if they are too long and in the way. How long are the tassels? Could you post a few outfit pictures with the Regular Hardware and with the Giant?

Anonymous said...

Hi ...I have been following you on YouTube and wish u posted more videos. I see some of the comments can be very hurtful and very uncalled for and can understand why some people don't post videos as often . I feel like you are a sweet nice girl and every time you post something new ..I get excited for you . I love that someone as sweet as you get the amazing things too