Monday, February 7, 2011

Purse Review: Chanel Med/Large Classic Flap in GHW

When you are working at home.. there are so many things that you want to do.. you have so much ideas that it becomes chaotic and you start to procrastinate.. haha! I dunno if it also applies to you guys but for me... that's the case!  I started sewing early this year.. took make up class.. now I want to start making baubles from clay! I'm pulled apart into so many directions!  I don't know... I'm blabbering! =P  Anyways, that's just my lil update for you guys... but the main reason of this post is... My purse review series featuring this!

Chanel Med/Large Classic Flap in Gold Hardware


I got this purse about 2 years ago and I can say this is one of the purse that is very memorable to me.  This is my first ever chanel piece and boy it took me a looooong time to decide before purchasing this purse hence, very memorable.  Sleepless nights of research and talking myself into getting it justifying the cost... finally  caved in and.. I'm happy with no regrets!  Chanel raise their prices so fast and so much!  I am so thankful that I was able to snag three before the crazy price increase.  And with three pieces I think I'm done, not unless I win the lottery! =)

Anyways, this purse is in lambskin material.  I initially wanted the caviar for durability reasons plus it doesn't age as fast as the lambskin.  However, when I saw the two purses side by side, the lambskin won me over because of the texture and feel.  It just feel so luxurious and pristine looking.  That time lambskin cost more than caviar but I bit the bullet anyways thinking that it will be my only chanel purse.  But, if I can turn back time... I will choose... lambskin still I guess.  I didn't regret getting it at this material and size.  I have one regret on the other purse I got but I'll do a separate post for that one ;)

I chose the gold hardware because it looks very elegant and sophisticated.  Again, because I was thinking that it will be the only Chanel I'm going to own, might as well choose something that will last me a long time and will look age appropriate when I get really old.  It is very classic and I love the combination of lambskin and gold hardware in the med/large size.  My only gripe is that lambskin is soooo delicate!  As in very very delicate that I have to make sure that whenever I use it, my fingernail should be well trimmed.  The purse is very sensitive to nail marks that can leave a scratch on it.  So, for the most part, I baby this purse too much!  But then again, it is too beautiful so I guess it deserves to be babied. =)

Before, I was torn between this classic flap and the Chanel 2.55 reissue.  The 2.55 is very iconic because Coco Chanel designed it herself and that's what started everything.  However, because of the mademoiselle lock which symbolizes Coco not ever married, I got scared! Haha!  Superstitious me that I'm scared that I might never get married myself too!  That was way back... now I want to kick myself not getting the 2.55 one!  Haha! 

This purse has double flap.  The Burgundy lining is very pretty that adds richness to the color.  They presumed that this is the color of the uniform of the orphanage where Coco lived.

There is a zippered pocket on the outer flap... however it is too small and too flat to put stuff inside.  Receipts maybe... It is presumed that Coco hid her love letters in this compartment.

The back has a pocket where they say Coco hid her extra stash of cash.

This purse is not that roomy.  Here is an example of what will fit inside.  It is better to use the card slot for your cards and not use your wallet to maximize the space inside.  

This is how I store my purse.  I lay it flat with the chain wrapped with paper and put it inside the dust bag.


I have the rest of the chain tucked in inside so that it doesn't rest on the purse or the purse not resting on it that will cause a permanent dent on the purse.






Hope this post is helpful!  Thank for dropping by!



11 comments:

jelita78 said...

no, i don't need a chanel flap.
no, i don't need a chanel flap.
no, i don't need a chanel flap.
no, i don't need a chanel flap.
no..

darrnnnittt..
this chanting is not working!!
urghhhhh!!
sooo tempting!!!

Peewee said...

@jelita 78

yes you do...
yes you do...
yes you do...
yes...

your eyes are getting heavy...
you are getting sleepy...
In the count of three
you are going to the chanel store...
one.. two... three!

Hahaha! You are too cute!!!

Thanks for dropping by! =)

jelita78 said...

Well guess what, as i was about to be hypnotised by you, the mailman came, gave me my mails and just slap me hard across my face, making me slumped down the chair.
Enough said.
It was my monthly bank account statement with current credit card slip!

bwahahhahhaa

oh it was indeed a fabulous dream anyways! LOL

rae630 said...

I LOVE your bag reviews. You must do a video of an overview of your complete handbag collection. I love watching vids on handbags!

Peewee said...

@jelita 78 hahaha! I better hide from the mail man!

@rae630 Thanks Rina! I'm glad you like the bag review =) I'll make an overview probably on the weekend =) By the way congrats on your 11th anniversary with the BF! =)

siwing said...

great review! i saw some of your other posts, i love your collection of bags !

Peewee said...

@siwing thank you so much =) i love your new camera!!! great pictures =)

May @ Rad said...

LOVE the chanel bag! I want one.... and will get one once I start working. hehe.. how much did it cost you if you don't mind telling me? :) xx

Peewee said...

@may@rad Hi May! I got it two years ago for about 2,695 plus tax... after that Chanel has two price increases so I haven't kept track how much it is now... It is a timeless piece I'm sure you will enjoy her for a very long time =)

Anonymous said...

can u write a blog about the rest of your chanel purses?
also, what did u mean when you said " I have one regret on the other purse I got..."?? i'm looking for another chanel purse. can u please tell me what your regrets are?

Peewee said...

@anonymous hi =) I'll try to post the chanel jumbo review sometime next week =) what I meant with my regret was that I wished I got the lambskin in jumbo instead of caviar because it is way too high maintenance... i get paranoid everytime I use it.. =)