Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Weight Loss!

Hi guys!  Sorry for the lack of update... totally bummed out... I transferred all my files to an external hard drive and don't know what happened...my recent pics are all gone. Booo! =(  But anyways moving on.. I'm glad to be back! =)
I have a post request form pinkazn4eva about my weight loss.  Hi Babe!  Sorry it took me awhile to post this... but here it is! =)  
I mentioned on my previous post long time ago that I wanted to lose weight.  I've been gaining a lot of weight and have a hard time shaking the excess fatty off... but that never happened until I went home to the Philippines end of March last year.  I am actually dedicating this post to my two beautiful sisters who are very supportive of me!  Thank you Tangs.. Thanks Ga!  =)

Anways..Here are some of my pics when I was a little chunky before... 




A


And after 10 months...


When I came back home last year, my family was surprised to see me piled some weight.. especially my sisters.  I've always been skinny growing up.  They were really shocked especially my belly is way bigger than my boobs.  My friends were surprised as well but very polite.  So, I got really self conscious... I remember the first meal I had over there.. my sister Tangs was shocked to see me put a plateful of rice.  She thought I haven't eaten for such a long time.  But the truth is... that is my usual rice serving.  Being a rice lover, no meal is complete without rice!  She never said anything back then.  But after I guess being bugged by my weight gain she can't stand it! She and Ga became my food police.  I never felt offended at all.  I'm actually very grateful.  I know I gained weight but never imagined it was that much.  I guess it is helpful to listen to other people's perspective especially if they are family.

So what I did, I tried to cut rice out of my diet.  It was sooooo hard!  I missed all the Filipino food and it doesn' really taste the same without rice!  I intended to eat a lot  knowing I'll be missing this food again when I go back.  So I really disciplined myself.  And also I'm a soda freak.  So I cut it off too!  I had  such a hard time.  Especially the first few weeks.  Good thing I still have my coffee so that made everything bearable.  I think after a few week's you'll get use to it that you don't actually crave rice and soda.  So just be patient and be persistent.  =)  Apart from my diet change though Ga and I enrolled in a plyometrics class.  It's a class where you do a lot of resistance training, cardio and ab work out.  That really helped my endurance and strength and speed up my weight loss.  I lost about 8 lbs when I was there.

When I came back, I just continued not eating rice but I drink a little bit of soda for taste.  For activity I did the P90x.  That exercise program was sooooo extreme!  The first day I thought I would die!  Seriously!  But I was so motivated to do it.  I never considered turning the TV off!  It was such a hard thing to do because it is a home exercise program and you do it by yourself.  You can always stop anytime you want.  But I just kept going.  I was so determined.  I actually felt good after 2 weeks especially when I started seeing results!  My muscles started to tone up and my belly is in it's flattest form that it has ever been.  I never had flat belly in my entire life even when I was skinny before.  So I was so happy!  I can see the side of my abs taking shape.  Around July my friend from Texas came over to visit and I just didn't have the time to continue... then came September my brother visited me from the Philippines.. He was so surprised with my weight loss! I felt I achieved my goal =)  He spent almost a month and a half here and we were so busy, I just never had the time to continue and got lazy. I never continued from then on. So now I'm a little flabby but my weight has been the same.  I'm planning to start working out again by Feb.. so we'll see =)  So I guess that's just what I did.. and also drink lots and lots of water!  

I hope this post answered your question about my weight loss.  I never took any medication because I'm such a wuss when it comes to side effects.  But if I can do it I know you can too! =)  Thank you so much for reading my post and good luck!

By the way I have two videos that I didn't get the time to make a blog post...


Hope you guys like the video =)  

Have a great day!

.  

5 comments:

Liesl @ FabulousFashions4SensibleStyle said...

Good for you on your weight loss! Cute blog too!

Liesl :)

Iyah said...

Yes! what days are you available? =) anyway, thanks for the link where to get p90x. DO i just download it there? hahaha! so sorry I'm such a noob -_-

jelita78 said...

hiyeeee angelnudged!!
thanks for following my blog and definitely i will follow yours too!

oh i must be blind coz i don't see any fat on u at all !!
no need to bother about the weight loss at all, hun!
u look fabulous!

love love LOVE the review on trevi!
i have the PM too and it does act like a doraemon pouch, don't cha think so?
it's soo spacious isn't it!

zsa zsa said...

looking at those pics makes me miss our bonding moments *sigh* miss u!

yeah, you are now too skinny! unlike before when you were sporting a double chin and a "salbabida" around your waist hehehe

Peewee said...

@ zsa

hahaha! me too! when can I go back again???