Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Beginning.. New Love!

Happy New Year!!! Hope everyone had a wonderful and safe celebration! =)

So sorry for the lack of update.  Been very busy with the holidays.. plus 3 days ago.. I turned 30!  Hehe! Not quite out of the calendar but getting ready for the Bingo! ;)  I had so much fun!  Spending time with my aunt on the 1st and dinner with my friends on the 2nd... very low key but so much fun! =)

Anyways... just want to share with you guys the new love of my life! =)

 Finally!!!  After so many days of researching and so many sleepless nights of pondering on what to get... I came home today with a new love! =)  I never mentioned it here in my blog before.. so I'm sure it's going to be a hard one for you guys to guess... =)  It is not a beauty related product.. not a purse... not jewelry...  hint.. crafts maybe? Okay... it is.... a sewing  machine!!! =P

Hehe!  I know.. kinda lame... sorry guys, different topic of sort but I still want to share it with you.

I never held a sewing machine in my whole life not until two weeks ago when I went into a sewing class.  I saw it on groupon and it is an awesome deal.. 4 classes once a week for 2 hours and a half at $65. Normally it costs about $125.   How awesome is that?   The class is limited to 5 students so it is very intimate. You have the option to choose which intro to sewing class you want.. they have the tiered skirt, the shift dress and the tote bag..  I chose the latter.  It is amazingly fun considering I never sewed on a machine before.  And the last time I sew by hand that I can remember was when I was in 5th grade when we had a home economics project and we made a stuffed toy.  Other than that... no experience whatsoever! =(  How I wish we had a sewing class back then so at least I could have started earlier and developed passion for it..  I used to think sewing machines are very complicated and I felt so intimidated in front of them.  But after the class I felt more confident and really want to get into it.. especially quilting! =)  Sorry guys if sewing is not your thing and I'm boring you... you can skip this post.. =)  Promise I'll make up on my next post ;)

Here is she is.. my new love! =)  Janome MC6600... 
I wanted to start quilting that's why I chose this machine... the features are perfect for it!

 I also got the table specially made for this machine so it is easier to sew...

I already started sewing!  Can you tell how excited I was.. =D  

This is the tote that we are doing in class... the one I am making is made of different fabric... I chose this fabric for my sister cause she loves Tinkerbell!

I am such a noob! =P   Never thought ironing is important in sewing! =)

Pressing the fabric so that it is easier and cleaner to sew...

Coming along pretty good...

The finished tote!!!


So happy and proud!!! =)  Can't wait to make more projects with this baby! =)

 By the way, here is the feast my dear aunt single handedly made by herself...(except for the cake.. Red Ribbon!)

So thankful for the gift of family...

Blowing the cake and wishing everyone a prosperous 2011!




11 comments:

Maypearls said...

Happy belated birthday! I am very impressed with the tote you just made! It's so pretty and it looks like something sold at a shop! :D

Angelnudged said...

Thank you so much! =) Best compliment for a beginner sewist! =)

Happy New Year!

Zzlco1831 said...

yikes!! 30 ka na gali hehe belated happy birthday liwat :-)

wow! i thought busy ka then naka make ka na 1 bag??? hmm...is that for me? ;-) akon gid na mo hehe inangkin ba naman :-) anyway, the bag looks great! especially for a first-timer hehe daw neat gd :-)

grabe tita pita ba, 1 man army hehe

Zzlco1831 said...

oh, kabalo si tita pita mag make puto???

adriyah said...

OMG!! Belated Happy Birthday!! Sorry I wasn't able to even greet you and yet you greeted me on my birthday..

Btw, yay for the new sewing machine!! You are so talented! That tote bag is so nice!!! :D

Hiven said...

So lovely. enter my giveaway? x hivennn.

Angelnudged said...

thanks =) entered your give away =) happy 2011!

Angelnudged said...

Thanks Iyah! =) No biggie about the greetings =) I remember you are a January babe too from your post last year =)

Hehe trying to be a sewist this year! Hope I succeed! ;P

Have a great weekend!

Angelnudged said...

Hehe! Nalipat ko sa puto gin dala gali na ni Nang Inday =)

Angelnudged said...

Look who's talking?? Happy Birthday Tangs!!! Pila ka na gani... 28? hehe

Thanks thanks gid padala ko lang bag sa next shipment hehe

Mwah! love you!

Halleanderson said...

Awesome blog! love that sewing machine! come visit me at www.HalleAnderson.com