Monday, August 23, 2010

Gwama..

I had a strange dream last night..  I was feeling so bad and crying so hard..  I felt so much sadness and sympathy over my grandmother who passed away 7 weeks and 3 days ago.  I don't know how the dream started but I was talking to my mom.. crying hard saying Gwama never experienced a good life while she was still alive..  she suffered so much but never complained.  She loved her children and grandchildren unconditionally and despite hardships always welcome everyone with a big smile and jovial attitude.  I felt so much anguish that I never get to spend time with her... to be with her and to know everything about her. I know her but not deep enough to know how her life was before she married my grandfather.  How she raised 5 children.. how she dealt with her in-laws and how they treated her.. so many things that I can only witness through my aunts stories.  Even if I was far from her, (she lived in the Philippines)  her love and care always reached me. Even in my dreams.. amidst my sorrow.. she comforted me.. with her voice I heard a reassuring "I love you".. without any trace of sadness or despair but a warm I love you that I will always remember..  Thank you so much for everything Gwama..  I love you more..





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This really touched me; I'm sorry for your loss. :(

Peewee said...

=) she is in a wonderful place now.. and will always be remembered..

Peewee said...

=) she is in a wonderful place now.. and will always be remembered..